Anything worth doing is worth doing with your special someone. This is especially true where singing karaoke is concerned. If you and your romantic partner both enjoying music and singing karaoke, why not get together to perform a duet that will blow your friends, family, and other audience members away? You’re sure to be glad that you tried something new and bonded with your love.
If you don’t happen to have a significant other, you still might want to try out a duet with a friend or family member that loves to sing. I have gathered 25 of the best karaoke songs for couples across genres, some of which are romantic and some of which aren’t, so you can have a fun duet experience no matter who you are. Let’s take a closer look at what makes couples karaoke so special before we dive into the list.
Why Couples Karaoke Is A Special Experience
While I have never been lucky enough to perform karaoke with a special someone, I do understand how great it is to watch a singing duet and experience the magic that it creates. Some of my favorite music performances of all time have been romance-filled duets, from “Come What May” in Moulin Rouge! to Adam Levine’s and Gwen Stefani’s performance of Maroon 5’s “My Heart is Open” at the 2015 Grammys. Seeing a “couple” share a powerful, emotional love song on stage, whether they are romantically involved or not, is a powerful experience.
It’s also more fun to sing with another person, whether that person is your significant other or someone else. I always have more fun performing with a friend or family member than all alone. It can be especially helpful for new or nervous singers to have a karaoke buddy. My niece gets nervous singing in front of people and often feels better if I’m with her and can help back her up if she forgets some lyrics.
That being said, there is something special about performing with a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, or another romantic partner. You can add a layer of emotion to a love song that even professional singers may have trouble doing if they aren’t romantically involved.
If you want to give a powerful performance on the karaoke stage that will stick in your audience’s memory, consider an emotionally moving duet. It’s even better if you can sing with your special someone. There are plenty of lovely romantic songs to choose from, as you will soon see.
Preparing To Sing Karaoke
So you’ve decided to sing a duet with your romantic partner. Now, it’s time to review some tips that can help you have the best karaoke night you’ve ever enjoyed. I follow this advice every time I’m going to perform, whether in public or for a few family members at home:
- Stay hydrated with water. Consider keeping a bottle of water nearby that you can sip on before, during, and after your karaoke performance. It’s also a good idea to avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages so you don’t further dehydrate yourself or risk becoming uncoordinated on stage. You and your partner can help each other stay in line.
- Don’t worry about sticking in one lane. You can sing songs from a singer of the opposite sex or from a genre that isn’t your favorite. What’s most important is staying within your vocal range and skill level for a safe karaoke experience that will be more fun than frustrating. You can have some help with this if you sing with your partner.
- Stick to songs you like. While you may not always be able to sing your favorite songs from your favorite genres, it’s important to sing songs you know and are comfortable singing. You can also switch out curse words or other phrases that make you uncomfortable to make the song your own.
Now you know how to prepare for a wonderful karaoke duet. Let’s look at some great song choices for couples karaoke night for the best experience possible.
The Best Karaoke Songs For Couples
It can be hard to pick couples karaoke songs off the top of your head. I’ve gathered a list of some popular and fun duets for couples of all kinds. Remember that some songs may be found only on YouTube, while others are likely to be readily available at public karaoke venues. Let’s take a look at 25 of the best karaoke songs for couples:
1. “Under Pressure” — Queen and David Bowie
If you and your partner are rock fans or just don’t want to sing a love song, “Under Pressure” is a great choice. Just about everyone in your audience will know this rock hit and want to sing along.
2. “Meant To Be” — Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line
If you are aiming for a country karaoke night, “Meant To Be” is a great choice for couples. This is one of my favorite country songs due to its positive romantic themes.
3. “Latch” — Disclosure and Sam Smith
“Latch” is a little difficult, so it’s a great choice for couples who know their way around a karaoke mic. It’s very catchy and your audience should enjoy its cool sound. I sure do.
4. “Rewrite The Stars” — Zac Efron and Zendaya
This is a lovely tune from The Greatest Showman. If you want to go with a dramatic musical piece, this is a great choice that many listeners will love and appreciate.
Related: The 30 Best Karaoke Love Songs
5. “Just Give Me A Reason” — P!nk and Nate Ruess
This is a sadder choice for couples, but it’s an easy one to sing. “Just Give Me A Reason” was very popular around 2013, so audiences familiar with pop tunes from that era will instantly recognize it.
6. “Scream & Shout” — Will.i.am. and Britney Spears
This is a fun track with a different sound from some of the sugary-sweet love ballads on this list. If you want the crowd to get up and dance, this is a great choice. This is a good choice for friendly pairs who want to sing together.
7. “Out Of Goodbyes” — Maroon 5 with Lady A
“Out Of Goodbyes” is a unique crossover country choice. It’s a bit sad like “Just Give Me A Reason,” but it has a beautiful sound that’s sure to impress.
8. “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” — Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty
Two classic rock favorites came together to sing this track. Do your own rendition with your partner on karaoke night to wow your friends and family.
9. “Say Something” — A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera
Another sad track with a great sound, “Say Something” is a great choice if you want to invoke strong emotions in your audience. It’s slow enough that it’s easy for newbies to learn, as well. It was one of my first-ever karaoke tracks.
10. “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” — Bon Jovi
This country-rock tune is often sung as a duet and is tons of fun. Try it out for some down-home vibes at karaoke night.
11. “Bohemian Rhapsody” — Queen
This is another great classic rock choice if you don’t feel like singing a love song. It’s a tricky one, so wait until you feel comfortable with singing complicated songs.
12. “Señorita” — Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
This Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello hit is sure to be popular among younger audiences. If you want to try something with a very cool modern pop sound, this is the song to choose.
13. “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” — Meghan Trainor and John Legend
“Like I’m Gonna Lose You” can feel sad at times, but it has an important message. If you want your partner to know how important they are to you during your duet, this song is a wonderfully romantic choice.
14. “You’re The One That I Want” — John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
Grease fans will love to perform this together. It’s fun and can get a whole crowd dancing.
15. “Cool Anymore” — Jordan Davis and Julia Michaels
This is a sweet country choice. It can help your loved one to see that they are safe to be themselves with you.
16. “Livin’ On A Prayer” — Bon Jovi
You can’t go wrong with this uplifting classic rock staple. If you are ready to rock with your partner, “Livin’ On A Prayer” is a great choice.
17. “Love Is An Open Door” — Kristen Bell and Santino Fontana
This is a sweet and fun choice that’s perfect for fans of Disney’s Tangled. It’s great for audiences with kids or when you just want to have lighthearted karaoke fun with your partner.
Related: 30 of the Best Upbeat Karaoke Songs
18. “Start Of Something New” — Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
Here’s another Disney favorite from High School Musical. It’s a perfect choice for new couples looking forward to their future together.
19. “Shallow” — Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
Here’s a more serious and theatrical choice. Get ready for an Oscar- and GRAMMY-worthy performance when you and your loved one take the stage with “Shallow.”
20. “Ring Of Fire” — Johnny Cash
If you want to have fun at karaoke with a doomed-love concept, “Ring Of Fire” is a great choice. Classic country fans of all ages will appreciate it.
21. “Don’t Stop Believin'” — Journey
While it may not always be sung as a duet, “Don’t Stop Believin'” is easily performed by more than one vocalist. It will be hard to find an audience of any size or background that doesn’t know how to sing along to this staple. You can rock out to this one with a friend, family member, or romantic partner.
22. “The Time Of My Life” — Bill Medley and Jennifer Warner
This classic is one of my favorite duets of all time. It has that hopefully romantic, youthful feel that makes it perfect for couples karaoke.
23. “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” — Elton John and Kiki Dee
This is another fun classic duet for loving couples looking to have a little fun on the karaoke stage. Everyone will want to sing and dance to this rousing track.
24. “Come What May” — Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman
Here’s a lovely track from one of my favorite movie musicals of all time, Moulin Rouge! I’ve been singing it since I was 10, so believe me when I say it isn’t easy for newbies to tackle. Save this beauty for your later performances with a special someone if you want to impress the crowd.
25. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” — Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Here’s another spirited and rousing classic to help you feel powerful in love. Put a smile on everyone’s face when you perform this with your partner.
26. “More Than Words” — Extreme
Extreme is known primarily as a metal band, but they managed to put our their most famous song, “More Than Words” by experimenting with a completely different sound. There are a lot of great harmonies in this song that fit within the tenor and alto range.
Related: 35 Best Karaoke Songs for Tenors
There’s nothing quite as special as singing karaoke with a special someone, a dear friend, or a family member. You can make memories to last a lifetime and bond in a fun, creative way all at once. Once you know what to expect on karaoke night and what some of the best karaoke songs for couples are, you’re ready for a romantic and emotionally moving performance that you and your audience will remember for years to come. Try performing a few of these timeless tunes at your next karaoke night and see how magical a duet can be for you and the crowd.