Karaoke is at its best when everyone’s having fun and dancing to the music. Journey’s classic rock tracks have the ability to bring out that kind of energy in audiences of all kinds. If you want to choose some of the best Journey karaoke songs for your next performance, you’ve come to the right place!
I’ve been listening to Journey music since I was very young. I’ve also been performing karaoke songs for over ten years in various locations. As a result, I know which Journey songs are the best choices for different karaoke situations.
Keep reading to find out how to prepare for your next performance and to learn which Journey songs are best for your specific karaoke needs, whether you’re a singing pro or prepping for your first karaoke party.
It’s always a good idea to be prepared for your karaoke gig, no matter how much experience you have. The following tips are some that I follow before and during every performance to make sure I have the best time possible:
- Know your venue. If you are singing at a public bar, your song options may be very different than if you choose your songs from a YouTube app at home. You also want to make sure that you choose songs that are a good fit for you and your audience and won’t be too offensive or embarrassing to anyone.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated is healthy and helps you to sing at your best! Keep a water bottle nearby while singing so you can easily take sips as you go.
- Practice! Running through your songs once or twice before karaoke day comes can help you figure out any trouble spots in your chosen tracks. You may even realize that you made some bad choices and decide to change the songs altogether. It’s better to know now than when you’re on stage!
- Sing songs you’re comfortable with. This goes along with the tip above. If a song just doesn’t work for you, don’t sing it! You may have to try something new to fit your skill level and vocal range. That’s okay, though—that just makes karaoke more fun and interesting!
- Interact with the audience. You can’t do this until your performing, but if you have the confidence, interact with your audience as much as you can! Even a single act of eye contact can make you appear more confident and connected. You can sing in a mirror during your practice runs if you feel like you need to prepare to interact with the public.
- Breathe! Proper breathing while singing is so important—for your performance, but also your well-being. While you’re practicing your songs, see if you can learn to breathe from your stomach to avoid gasping for air between lyrics. There are tons of free resources online that can help you learn breathing and singing techniques; utilize them if you want to get serious about your karaoke performance!
Now that you know how to give your best performance, let’s look at some Journey songs for your next karaoke gig! The choices below are sure to make you stand out from the crowd while entertaining yourself and your audience.
The 20 Best Journey Karaoke Songs
Are you ready to pick out your karaoke songs? Here are 20 of the best Journey karaoke songs that you can add to your next tracklist depending on your unique situation:
1. “Don’t Stop Believin’ (Small Town Girl)”
Who doesn’t love “Don’t Stop Believin’”? It was one of the first Journey songs I ever heard and definitely one of the most famous that the band has released. You are sure to get a positive response from any crowd with this inspiring hit.
Related List: Best Classic Rock Karaoke Songs
This is the type of sweet and romantic song that’s perfect to sing to your significant other if you want to remind them how special and important they are to you. It’s another mega-hit that’s sure to be hit with audiences of all types and ages.
3. “Open Arms”
If you’re up for a breakup-style ballad, this is a great karaoke choice that also has an upbeat feel to it. It’s also a good fit for singers of any skill level or taste.
4. “Who’s Crying Now”
This track has always reminded me of “Separate Ways” and is one of my Journey favorites. It’s also an intense track that could be good for a group to sing, but would also be good to sing as a solo.
Related List: Best Queen Karaoke Songs
5. “Any Way You Want It”
This track is energetic, but its lyrics are a good fit for any skill level. They’re also easy to learn if memorization isn’t your strong suit or you freeze up and forget what to sing on stage.
6. “When You Love A Woman”
This song has sweet and gentle lyrics. It’s a great track for anyone who loves a woman to sing at karaoke. Expect a chorus of “awws” from the crowd.
Bring on the classic rock vibes with this Journey staple. It’s a good fit for all skill levels.
This is another track that’s interesting yet easy enough to learn at any skill level. It’s another good choice for nervous performers for these very reasons.
Related List: Best Karaoke Songs for Tenors
9. “Stay Awhile”
This is a simple, straightforward song that’s great for all audiences and skill levels. It’s also just romantic enough to woo a love interest and let them know how you feel about them.
10. “Feeling That Way”
Here’s another romantic track about wondering how someone feels about the singer. It’s not only suited for singing to a crush, though; any audience can enjoy it.
11. “After All These Years”
Older couples with years of memories and loyalty to celebrate may especially appreciate this track. Sing it as a solo or a couple’s duet.
12. “Only The Young”
This song has artistic, intense lyrics. Expect to get your audience thinking if you add this to your karaoke playlist.
Related List: Best Punk Rock Karaoke Songs
13. “Still They Ride”
This is another tune with lyrics that are simple enough to learn. However, it also tells a story that’s sure to entertain crowds of all ages.
14. “Be Good To Yourself”
Here’s a rock track that teaches an important lesson. Sing it at karaoke to leave an impression on the crowd.
Related List: Best Hard Rock Karaoke Songs
15. “Girl Can’t Help It”
This track tells a story, much like “Still They Ride.” This one’s a little more romantic if that’s your sort of thing.
16. “Wheel In The Sky”
“Wheel In The Sky” is another track with intense lyrics fit for a crowd of true classic rock enthusiasts. It’s another one that’s among my favorite Journey tracks. It should be a decent fit for any singer with a couple of karaoke performances under their belt.
Related List: Best ABBA Karaoke Songs
17. “Stone In Love”
Do you find yourself falling in love? This track’s interesting yet sweet lyrics may help you express your feelings in a fun and productive way. It’s also just an all-around great karaoke choice.
18. “Send Her My Love”
Sometimes, a good old-fashioned breakup song is just what a night of karaoke calls for. This track is great for those times.
Related List: Best Karaoke Love Songs
19. “Mother, Father”
This is an unusual song as far as the lyrics are concerned. It’s a great choice if you want to show off your karaoke skill by performing something interesting!
20. “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)”
This track is pretty intense, like some others on this list. As a result, it’s one of my favorite Journey tracks. It’s great for solos but also could make for a powerful group performance that calls for some exciting classic rock.
Now that you know what some of the best Journey karaoke songs are, you are ready to give your next performance your all. Journey songs just have that emotional quality to them that connects you with your audience, no matter who you’re singing to and where you are. Pick a few of the songs that seem to be the best fit for you, and then add some new ones as time goes by for the best results. Have fun!