Hip-Hop has long been celebrated as a unique and varied musical genre and cultural movement. If you want to honor Hip-Hop music in your karaoke performance, you’ve come to the right place! Keep reading for tips on having your best karaoke performance and to learn about 25 of the best Hip Hop karaoke songs.
Karaoke Preparation Tips
Once upon a time—in other words, just last month—I decided to wing my karaoke performance of a song I’ve never sung before. The result? I was completely off-key and off the lyrics. I was frustrated and embarrassed as a result and the situation wasn’t as fun as it should’ve been.
If you want to avoid this type of slip up, preparation is key. Here are some tips for getting ready to sing karaoke that I usually follow, and should’ve in the situation above:
- Drink plenty of water. If you want to feel good and sing as well as possible, you need to stay hydrated before, during, and after your performance. Keep some water nearby while singing so you remember to take regular sips.
- Practice in advance. You don’t have to go all-out like a professional singer, but running through your songs once or twice can help you figure out any weak spots that you should focus on. You’ll be less likely to go off-track or forget your lyrics that way.
- Know your environment. Make sure you understand what songs will be available where you’re singing and who will be in the crowd. You may need to plan your set list accordingly. You’ll want different songs for a girl’s night out than for a family party.
Now that you’re prepared for your big performance, it’s time to pick out your songs! Keep reading to learn about 25 of the best Hip Hop karaoke songs.
The Best Hip Hop Karaoke Songs
If you love the Hip-Hop lifestyle and musical sound, you’ll want to choose songs that reflect your appreciation in the best way possible. Try a few of these 25 songs below to get started:
1. “Thrift Shop” — Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
If silly Hip-Hop is your thing, “Thrift Shop” is a fun choice. You can alter the lyrics so it’s appropriate for audiences of all ages.
Related: 25 More Underrated Karaoke Songs
2. “Top Of The World” — Mike Posner feat. Big Sean
For a more off-the-beaten-path choice, choose this Mike Posner classic. It’s a good choice for a rap/Hip-Hop duet with the Big Sean feature.
3. “No Diggity” — Blackstreet feat. Dr. Dre and Queen Pen
“No Diggity” is a classic choice for true Hip-Hop enthusiasts. It can get complicated at times, so it’s a good choice for seasoned singers or those who know it by heart.
4. “Bodak Yellow” — Cardi B
Women in particular may enjoy singing this Cardi B staple. Cardi B fans in your audience will appreciate it.
Related: Great 90’s Karaoke Songs for Women
5. “Hotline Bling” — Drake
Drake fans and those who enjoy Hip-Hop/pop crossovers will enjoy this 2010s hit. It’s a good choice for new and experienced singers alike.
6. “U Can’t Touch This” — MC Hammer
If you love a classic Hip-Hop/rap hit, this MC Hammer classic is the perfect song choice. Throwback karaoke parties will be enhanced with this track on the set list.
Related: 30 More Upbeat Karaoke Songs
7. “Be Nice” — Black Eyed Peas
I recommend “Be Nice” quite often, as it is one of my favorite Black Eyed Peas songs and a song that was originally written by one of my favorite songwriters. It has a very positive theme, so it’s perfect if you’d like to leave a good impression on your crowd.
8. “Hey Ya!” — OutKast
“Hey Ya!” is another track that’s perfect for a fun-filled karaoke party where dancing is on the menu. It’s so well-known that audiences of all types should appreciate it.
9. “Dennis Rodman” — Mansionz
“Dennis Rodman” is an extremely fun song that is among my favorites. I know from experience how fun it is to hear this track live—give your audience the chance to experience the same by performing it at your next karaoke performance.
10. “It Wasn’t Me” — Rik Rok and Shaggy
Here’s another track that’s among my all-time favorites. It has a tongue-in-cheek vibe that’s hard to resist. It’s fun to sing as a duet with the back-and-forth story between Rik Rok and Shaggy; just avoid it at family-friendly gatherings for the best results!
11. “Meet Me Halfway” — Black Eyed Peas
I actually consider this Black Eyed Peas hit to be one of the most beautiful songs of all time. It’s another great choice for a duet, especially at couples’ karaoke.
Related: 26 More Karaoke Songs for Couples
12. “Work It” — Missy Elliott
“Work It” is a great choice for a girl’s night out. It’s also perfect if you know there are Missy Elliott fans in the crowd.
13. “Killing Me Softly With His Song” — Fugees
This cover of the Roberta Flack classic has long been a favorite among Hip-Hop enthusiasts. It’s got a unique sound that’s best for seasoned singers.
Related: 55 Karaoke Songs for Women with Low Voices
14. “Ice Ice Baby” — Vanilla Ice
Here’s another rap/Hip-Hop classic that audiences of all ages will recognize and enjoy. It’s a fun track if you want to forget your nervousness on stage and let loose.
15. “Nobody Knows” — Mansionz feat. Soren Bryce
“Nobody Knows” is a dark and funky track that’s perfect to add to your Hip-Hop playlist if you want to try something new. It’s another song that’s best left to experienced performers.
16. “Billionaire” — Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars
If a somewhat light pop crossover is a good choice for your playlist, “Billionaire” is the song for you. It’s another choice that’s good for a fun duet.
Related: 25 Great Reggae Karaoke Songs
17. “Cupid Shuffle” — Cupid
If you want to sing a song that will be almost certain to get the crowd dancing, sing “Cupid Shuffle.” It’s one of the most popular dance songs for parties, so you’re sure to put everyone in a good mood. It’s a different idea for karaoke, so practice is key.
Related: 30 Karaoke Love Songs
18. “Just Can’t Get Enough” — Black Eyed Peas
Here’s yet another super-cool Black Eyed Peas track for your playlist. A male-female duo may enjoy singing this as a duet.
19. “Bang Bang” — Ariana Grande, Jessie J, and Nicki Minaj
“Bang Bang” may be the perfect group song for a girl’s night out. You can try it out as a solo, as well!
20. “Can’t Hold Us” — Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton
“Can’t Hold Us” is another fun song that’s great for everything from a solo to a group performance. The ceiling won’t hold the crowd when they start dancing to this hit!
Related: 40 More Indie Karaoke Songs
21. “Old Town Road” — Lil Nas X
If you are interested in a Hip-Hop song that fuses multiple genres, “Old Town Road” is a great choice. It’s popular with a wide range of music lovers, as well.
22. “This Is How We Do It” — Montell Jordan
Here’s another famous classic Hip-Hop track that most of your audience will recognize right away. It’s a good choice for any skill level.
23. “Empire State Of Mind” — Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys
This is another song that would be great for a duet, especially a male-female one. It’s another well-known song that your audience should respond to positively.
24. “Whatta Man” — Salt-N-Pepa and En Vogue
This is another great group performance choice for a girl’s night out. It could also be reworked into a fun solo.
25. “Dark Horse” — Katy Perry feat. Juicy J
If pop/Hip-Hop crossovers are your type of songs, you may enjoy singing this Katy Perry favorite. It’s another track that’s perfect for duets.
Now that you have 20 of the best Hip Hop karaoke songs to choose from, you’re ready to plan your next karaoke performance. Choose a few favorites from the list above and get ready to hit the stage with confidence!